Last time, I talked about the two types of peeps visiting your website—planners and builders. The planners are looking for information, and a free report is a perfect way to win their hearts (and their email addresses)! To help you create a rockin’ free report, here are my answers to the questions clients ask me most:
- What should your free report be about? Decide by pinpointing your clients’ pain points. What are they concerned about? What questions do they ask you? Then, give them info they really need. Don’t like writing? A copywriter can help.
- How much should you give away? The idea of giving away knowledge for free might scare you. It shouldn’t. See, you’re not actually giving it away for free—you’re trading it for an awesome prospect on your list (to whom you can showcase yourself as an expert). It’s very worthwhile if the person becomes a paying client.
- How long should it be? The free report can be a one-page tip sheet or a multi-page e-book. Most important? You want to make sure it’s specific and directly responds to your ideal clients’ burning needs.
- How to set it up: When prospects sign up for your newsletter, have your email newsletter service send the report to them, or direct them to a page where they can download it. Personally, I love MailChimp.
- How to design it: When it comes to your free report’s design, here are 9 tips to make it awesome.
You can also hop over to my free gift page to get my report.
Next time, I’ll share tips on converting the builders into clients with an amazing contact form!