Last year was a great year, and to make 2016 even better, I have a few goals. One of them is to increase engagement (commenting and sharing) with my content on my blog, newsletter, and social media. I want to write more about things that people care about. To figure that out, I took a good look at what I’ve been doing thus far.
I started by delving into my analytics. I’ve been blogging for 3 years—and have 63 posts!—and I took some time to see which posts were the most popular and which posts were getting Google traffic.
Most Commented Posts
These posts inspired some pretty nifty conversation on my blog:
Most Popular Day and Hour
According to Jetpack’s Site Stats, Mondays at 11am are all the rage 🙂
MailChimp Top Campaigns
I also checked my MailChimp campaigns to see which topics were most popular and what people were clicking on.
- June 2013—I finally launched my new website!
- March 2015—Have you seen my new homepage?
- March 2013—Your site doesn’t have to be perfect. Just good enough.
- April 2013—Is it time to overhaul your website?
- January 2015—Why & how I’m refreshing my website…
What have I learned? Looking back at three years of content marketing via my blog and newsletter, my audience seems to like:
- When I address a problem they might be facing
- When I update my website
- When I share recent work
So, the simple answer is…I’m going to do more of this stuff! What have you learned from assessing your content marketing? What are your most popular posts?