Happy 2014, friends! Whenever I see a fun yearly recap, I think, “It’s cool to know there’s a human behind this business.” So today, I’d like to provide a little peek behind the curtain at Jill Lynn Design.
Even though my Candy Crush score might lead you to believe otherwise, I am, very definitely, human. As Deidre Rienzo and Bryn Mooth have inspired, I am happy to share my 2013 by the numbers:
- websites designed + developed – 30
- responsive websites designed + developed – 30 (Oh look, that number is the same, as it should be.)
- new twitter followers – 175
- new facebook fans – 83
- new houses – 1
- blog posts written – 15
- newsletters sent (see them all!) – 10
- newsletters designed for clients – 9
- new newsletter subscribers – 304
- % increase in revenue – 10 (Woot, woot! Thanks, 2013 clients!)
- times I asked for help – countless
- times I referred to my values page in sticky situations – every time
- weeks on vacation – 0 (Pretty stinky, I know. But this year—we’re doing Disney!)
- creatives I’ve partnered with – 14 (You make my world go ‘round.)
- conferences attended – 3 (I learned a lot at CFC, WordCamp & Web Afternoon!)
- cats on my desk right now – 1
- hours spent perusing Houzz and Pinterest on my iPad – A whole lot. Hmm, at least 365. (I hold firm: it inspires my creativity!)
- cups of coffee consumed per day – at least 3 (My dear Keurig, I hear you calling my name. I’ll be there in a minute!)
- levels beat on Candy Crush – 421 (Human, you say?!)
Have you taken time to track your accomplishments in 2013? I hope so! If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Model yours after mine—I promise, it feels good. I hope your year was successful and that you made time for the things that inspire you.
What does this year hold in store for me? Definitely more responsive websites, more awesome clients, and more Houzz and Pinterest. For the real details of my 2014 grand plan, check back next week.