I recently shared my takeaways from WordCamp 2016 about developing websites. During that action-packed weekend, I also jotted down a page full of free blogging tools that I couldn’t wait to try. And I decided to try them first before sharing them with you.
I recently evaluated my web content and I know that blogging is worth the time it takes. But I’m on a maximization kick…I want to share blogging tools that will actually help improve your blog, your engagement and your reach. Here are the free blogging tools I recommend you check out:
- BuzzSumo: Enter a topic and BuzzSumo shows you the most shared content with that topic. This is super helpful to see what content is performing well so you know if it’s relevant to your audience.
- Google Trends: See what’s trending in various topics and locations. Great for seeing what’s hot right now in your industry.
- HubSpot’s Blog Topic Generator: If you’re drawing a blank on what to blog about, this is a fun tool for generating blog topic ideas. Just enter three words and it spits out five possible titles.
- Portent’s Content Idea Generator: This tool also gives you title ideas by entering just one word. Then the tool breaks down each part of the title. Hit the refresh button many times for even more ideas.
- CoSchedule Headline Analyzer: This nifty tool analyzes your blog post title and gives suggestions for increasing your score based on the headline quality and its likelihood for social shares, increased traffic, and SEO value.
- Hemingway Editor: Paste your text into the Hemingway App and the app analyzes sentence length, passive voice, reading ease, and other common errors.
- Yoast SEO: This free WordPress plugin analyses your content right in the editor. It performs a series of checks and makes recommendations on how to improve your content and SEO.
What is your favorite blogging tool or tip? What has taken your blogging from good to great? Please comment here and let me know.